edict egaming GmbH was founded in 1998 and is a provider of online game platforms in the business-to-business sector. We specialize in the development and technical operation of online casino solutions. Prior to the amendment of the German Interstate Treaty on Gambling in 2008, edict had been the only licensed and legal provider of online casino solutions in Germany, having already successfully developed and provided the technical support for the online casino systems in land-based casinos in Wiesbaden and Hamburg.
In spring 2008, edict egaming GmbH was completely taken over by Merkur Interactive GmbH, a subsidiary of the Gauselmann Group. The global presence of Gauselmann AG, with 60 years of experience in terrestrial slot machines, now provides us with strong backing and support in the international positioning of our online products.
Our company has developed an entirely new online casino system for the international B2B gambling market. An important milestone in the development process and market positioning of our online casino products was the acquisition of an Isle of Man online gambling licence for the new online casino system in 2011. This certification provides the legal framework for operating an online casino and allowed us to implement the first customer project with the new online casino software during that same year. The aforementioned gambling licence was extended to an Isle of Man network licence in 2013, allowing us to offer our games from the Isle of Man in other jurisdictions as well. Since May 2015 edict has also been licenced and regulated as a software provider by the UK Gambling Commission. At the end of 2016 the licenses that are already available could be extended by a B2B license (Class 4) from Malta.
We specialise in the online gambling market and are now the exclusive provider of the well-known Merkur slot machine games from the Gauselmann Group for licensed and regulated online markets around the world.
History in numbers:
- 1998: Company established in Hamburg, Germany.
- 2002-2007: Development and technical operation of online casino systems for land-based casinos in Wiesbaden and Hamburg.
- 2008: Complete acquisition by Merkur Interactive GmbH.
- 2011: First customer casino goes live.
- 2011: Merkur slot machines available online for the first time.
- 2014: Partnership with British game supplier Blueprint Gaming.
- 2014: Partnership with Australian game supplier Reel Time Gaming.
- 2014: Partnership with German game manufacturer Bally Wulff.
- 2011-2017: Completion of other customer projects.
- 2011: Turnkey Solution – complete solution for running an online casino.
- 2014: edict Game Solution – integration solution for established online casinos.
- 2014: edict Game Gate – allows simple connection to game suppliers.
- 2015: Mobile version released.